Your automobile is a big investment so it is crucial to maintain them to keep them around as long as possible. Keeping your car in a good running condition will not only help you extend its lifetime, but also enhance your on-road safety. Oil changes are one of the most important auto maintenance tasks you need to perform regularly. A regular oil change helps your vehicle run smoothly & saves you money by preventing major engine repair and replacement. Here are the top 6 reasons why a regular oil change is so necessary:
1. Protecting the engine: Oil offers a layer of protection to all moving components of your engine and keeps them safe from wearing down. It defends your vehicle’s engine from corrosion. Protection from the corrosion is a major reason you need to go for an oil change. Keep your car tuned with a regular oil change and improve your engine’s lifetime.
2. Improving engine performance: Oil is the key ingredient for proper engine functioning. It offers lubrication, decreases friction, reduces wear and tear, and keeps all the parts cool and in good working condition. Auto technicians use oil as a cleansing tool to clear dirt in the engine. Oil is a vital lubricant to maximize your engine’s life and performance.
3. Avoid overheating: If you don’t go in for a regular oil change, no one is likely to save your vehicle from bigger, more serious damage. Without proper lubrication, your vehicle’s parts start creating friction which can mean big expenses for you. Oil keeps your engine components cool, avoids heat production, and offers a longer life for your automobile.
4. Enhance gas mileage: Poor lubrication in your engine increases fuel consumption. To maintain a lower fuel consumption, you need to make sure that there is enough oil available in the engine. The US Department of Energy has proven that a regular oil change can improve gas mileage by 1 to 2 percent. That may sound small, but over the years, that saves you many gallons of gas.
5. Boost automobile longevity: Simple and routine maintenance practices undoubtedly improve your vehicle’s overall performance. Routine maintenance involves regular cleaning, and oil & filter changes when required. An engine without proper maintenance inconveniences internal components and automobiles end up with serious issues. Be sure to contact an auto technician for regular maintenance. It not only saves you money and stress, but according to Kelly Blue Book, if maintained regularly, the value of your vehicle increases when you go to resell it.
These are some of the key reasons that a regular oil change is extremely crucial. Offer the best protection to your engine, keep it in excellent condition, and extend the lifetime of your vehicle. If you’re looking for a reliable auto repair service in or an oil change in Raleigh NC, contact Quail Corners Auto Repair now. We promise to provide auto care services at the best competitive prices! Contact Quail Corners Auto Repair and secure your vehicle’s well-being!